Friday, April 15, 2016

Deep breathing lessons


In a fit of (out)rage-
directed at self-
via repeat rejections
and the subsequent dejection
received-
I could only see (in the) red.
The message was loud and clear, I fear
they all might be right and
I almost entertained
a harebrained
nasty notion, deranged desperate thought
that I could spend my days in drudgery
earning regular poor money
working for someone else’s benefit(s)-
Then I remembered 
that doesn’t work-for me
though it would make some others
(beyond) happy-it'd be
at my expense,hence,  I’d be in debt, 
lacking value, 
inherently strangled spiritually.
And after a moment of light
reflection-
I can now breathe
asymptomatically.




Image of painting by Frederick Sandys, Love's shadow, 1867 [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Half-dozen Mud cakes

Back to wood decks, quarter-size spiders, webs, moss  and creatures stirring in the hollow nights Back to no side-walks and skirting into th...