Thursday, December 29, 2016

Book covers and titles tell all


If they saw the Bhagavad Gita what would they think?
If they knew any thing or two about truth in fiction,
or which was the stranger 
of the two
If they knew respect is not a costume anyone can wear...
if I cared 
they don't think of me
If they knew my ears were not sensitive enough
to hear small talk
would they only speak louder...spoken over thought.

They were not here when my daughter said we needed 
more bookshelves, requesting wall to wall coverage would be good,
she envisioned this plan, we have more than enough
needless to say, she pleased me greatly.

If I had not been buried in stacks of books
I wonder if she would still want this,
to save me.

And 
If they knew about being a parent-
is it obvious they could care less...
Apparently knowing would never be
good enough
                          to be great. 


Painting by Giuseppe Crespi, c. 1725 [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half-dozen Mud cakes

Back to wood decks, quarter-size spiders, webs, moss  and creatures stirring in the hollow nights Back to no side-walks and skirting into th...