Thursday, December 8, 2016

The Humble Home


Sow and germinate our Pride,
stretching our will and want to cover
what we made need-later. 
Iniquity, I admire this perfect little life 
I have made
to dwell in and upon,
check in and out as I please...

What it seems-better to me-is my reality
I forget...why did I come here, compelled-
so I step away, hide things from myself,
to discover If 
I like those memories,
Truthfully.

Like you, before me,
I see anew at half way through-
though it was forced upon me 
by reflection,
Virgil left a note saying 
the rest is up to self sufficiency
Trust me
in finite, it is not complete.
Not for me.

So proud I am, but ineffective.
Standing here before you,
not knowing why, unable to convey
all the answers in art, the way I see it-
it pleases me enough to persist, as though
amour-proper was more than acceptable. 




Painting by Sanford Robinson Gifford [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half-dozen Mud cakes

Back to wood decks, quarter-size spiders, webs, moss  and creatures stirring in the hollow nights Back to no side-walks and skirting into th...