Friday, December 16, 2016

Hooker


I do it better in the dark.
Think-that is.
It could be because this is when my hair is down,
I can hear my breath living for me.
Most likely, it is because it is the only time
for me when I do not see...

Feel the sky loom its clouds,
the careless way it does so often rise and shine,
too bright for my light eyes that eat too much.

I am blinded by these opportunities and unknowns
of the day.
Overwhelmed. 
I say nothing I cannot see.
Overhead, empty as moon shadows I can be,
more thoughtful.

Night gales match my mood,
and pelting rain covers my sounds
in steam
across the taunting window panes.
I dry my face 
from dreams that drench the den.

Alone in my dark head.
Please-forget all I have said.
While others claim tight-knit sleep, 
I am loose and listening to every
one thing.
I do it better at night. 


Photo by Eugène Atget [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half-dozen Mud cakes

Back to wood decks, quarter-size spiders, webs, moss  and creatures stirring in the hollow nights Back to no side-walks and skirting into th...