Thursday, January 7, 2016

Upping the Anti-cipation

Something was supposed to happen today
-yet didn't
I was ready for the news
-yet wasn't
prepared for the magnitude of the mundane
-yet mustn't
fret over the idle moment that moves in
-yet wouldn't mind
staying and waiting with me
-yet I couldn't
stand my own company, so I cancelled
our future plans
since I did not want to wait around until
the end
only to find
Something not supposed to be
(for me)
-yet nothing did
Significant-
(ly).



Composed 1/7/16.
Image of painting By Pascual Carlos Esteban (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Half-dozen Mud cakes

Back to wood decks, quarter-size spiders, webs, moss  and creatures stirring in the hollow nights Back to no side-walks and skirting into th...