Saturday, January 2, 2016

A morsel of musing


If I were to pinpoint
precisely where and when
it happened
I knew
to follow the line
back to the pole
when I happened upon
a spork in the road.
White on black,
the day as clearly as clouds be,
and plastic albeit,
yet it stopped me, dimeless,
there on my deceased steps,
breath on the line...
In a round-about way, you could say
I was stuck in the smooth palm,
it's well
being surrounded by sharp
tines
to be
deployed in case
the next course
require more-
I am sure, that was the sign
that read
Be ready,
either way.




Image By Jeffqyzt (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons, Three Sporks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half-dozen Mud cakes

Back to wood decks, quarter-size spiders, webs, moss  and creatures stirring in the hollow nights Back to no side-walks and skirting into th...