Friday, March 24, 2017

Moving her lips


Distracted by a flicker, brutishly I burrowed
under the thickset arboreal pathway, forward through,
not needing a Virgil

Whereby, I found myself subdued and lowered
my angel body, knelt upon the gathering scrag,
with knees upon the well curb, my two soles

Watching my back, I feel the frosty shade
Safer now, I may close my shamed eyes
And I know why others have come too.

I reach right into my hip pocket,
making a tiny discomfit chime,
half-expecting the birds to flap.

I take out the three pennies
used for the i-Ching,
fingering the Nineteen eighty-four first,

it sits in the color of old adobe
streaked in rain grime.
I toss it into the blackness that is not

Empty nor dry
and I wait, waiting, listening, breathing,
hearing nothing...

The next one picks up the red in the sun and
glows facing its prospect of good conduct-
Two thousand and one

sided History, the honest man does not smile
I let it go as impersonal,
It falls quickly

I lean in
this time
and I don’t hear it hit

gulping back it was swallowed hole.
I never wished.
The last one left, I save for a

second thought, more
about splashless wishes
for Change.


Painting by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avow

Truth be told- The clean secrets are the ones most easily over-looked,  like tiny happy pills, like big gulps of fermentation like bottled p...