Friday, September 16, 2016

Silent H


If I tried to hide something from you,
would you know?
Would you become suspicious,
or let it go?
If I no longer listened to your voice-
don't you think it would be by choice?
If I argued with everything you said,
wouldn't this make our conversations dead?
If I began sneaking around,
would you begin peaking around?
If I were stockpiling and recycling secrets-
would it whet your whistle to relax your own rules-
Let's
pretend we are still fools...
If I keep playing the oblivious game,
would you keep dealing villainous blame
Excuses?
Nothing is fair in love and truces;
someone's got to give
and someone's going to live
Honestly.

Painting by Delphin Enjolras [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avow

Truth be told- The clean secrets are the ones most easily over-looked,  like tiny happy pills, like big gulps of fermentation like bottled p...