“A poet is a nightingale, who sits in darkness and sings to cheer its own solitude with sweet sounds.” -Percy Bysshe Shelley
Friday, December 20, 2019
Forgot to tell me
We get just One
-Go
at It,
Oh, and you get less than
10
decades
to try to get better-
Why
tell you Now
to mince words
or splice genes-
I mean,
This is Us,
the One and only
One must focus
on the Prize-
it is wise to use it
All
Now,
I suggest
you rest on those laurels
Later,
when there is Time
that does not matter
or count
Anymore or Less.
I guess
I needed
to read
This
before it slipped my
Mind
for good.
Painting by Karl Bryullov (1755-1852), 'Sventlana at fortune-telling', c. 1836 located in the Nizhny Novrogod State Art Museum in the Public Domain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'll be with you in a moment
We don't give ourselves enough credit for adapting but praise our Evolution as the golden thumb. There is a sweet spot- contentment tha...
-
A year ago this May, in fact, upon this same very grey day- something came over me I found could say, in no other way but to portray, ...
-
Natures touch is both gentle and fierce. Homo sapiens trample on her back. The thick skin impossible to pierce. So...
-
Where does one begin to unpack the suitcase of grief? While it may be nice to throw it all away, or donate these shreds, I find it i...

No comments:
Post a Comment