Saturday, March 24, 2018

Cold and hard like cash


Ha! What money? Don’t I look hungry-
Enough, with only skin and bones
The mother poet is simply a conduit
For care.( a.k.a.ATM), logistically
Someone had to buy the groceries 
and gasoline.
Of course, electricity must be paid and the internet
is always on, even with power bars,
despite attempts to unplug everything.
No money was any-
more than a thing to get another
thing or things.

Finally, detoxified and rehabilitated,
I breathe freely,
but it costs me my life.
There is no green growth in the wallet.
And every morning, there is money to be put in boxes,
sorted, split, and aggregated from valid sources.

So it was not me eating money or homework, or flesh, or words,
it was paper, fiber, DNA, dinero
And dang it-I remember having it
and not needing it. 



Painting by Wilhelm Gause, c. 1911 in [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avow

Truth be told- The clean secrets are the ones most easily over-looked,  like tiny happy pills, like big gulps of fermentation like bottled p...