Monday, December 11, 2017

Green stone fruit


If you eat an avocado in Italy,
genetically
it is a relative of a Calvino.

Italo's father brought the stone fruit
to the region first.

I have driven the California coastline
more times than I have had birthdays

and often I like to pretend I am somewhere else
among the rolling vineyards, to pasture with the

grazing livestock, and edged in by jagged cliffs that
plummet into the cold sea,

like somewhere in Italy,
right now I know

it could even be me,
eating avocados off the tree.




Image credit by Googsey at English Wikipedia (Transferred from en.wikipedia to Commons.) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Half-dozen Mud cakes

Back to wood decks, quarter-size spiders, webs, moss  and creatures stirring in the hollow nights Back to no side-walks and skirting into th...