Friday, May 19, 2017

Soundless garden


The word noose hung in my head
Another dead
                        body
                                    sways
goes away

A pretty pendulum taut under a knot beam
strong enough
I cannot convince myself
Ends are here
                        I feel them approach nearer
draws on
a bead
my unknown heart
my heavy hit
                        ear drums
                        top snares
his rhythm speaks to me
                        alone-
                        who left-
                        who-

Speak up, I’ll clap my bones,
bang my head
until I snap
off
my fate
my wave
                       crashes.



On May 17th Chris Cornell, an American musician and artist, took his own life-and his art-leaving behind a dear family, a large extended family, close and distant friends and fans that span generations, leaving us all to thrash in the crashing waves of his music awaiting a sense of full color sunset on his vivid passionate life. I hope he may be resting peacefully. 


Painting by Albert Joseph Moore [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half-dozen Mud cakes

Back to wood decks, quarter-size spiders, webs, moss  and creatures stirring in the hollow nights Back to no side-walks and skirting into th...