Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Sunday Dinner


Lasagna.
Wreck-tangle in layers of cheese,
I add a pound of spinach for extra iron.
It is a production, 
each layer has a plan, to become part of
an edible architexture, an assemblage,
full fromage, flagon, flag off
in red, whine and green.

Read and cook, turning the page,
the fungi’s sizzle
and The Hidden Reality outlines details
of jitters, making energy and arrays.
I stir, it pops, I read, it steams and
condenses sugars.

Put together, my job is done,
I wait
it melts
all together. 

I close my eyes for the first bite,
forgetting all I threw in.
I think I taste nutmeg, but then remember
this often tastes like M-theory.

I must have forgotten the salt. 


Painting by Jacopo Tintoretto, The Supper at Emmaus (1542-43) in [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Half-dozen Mud cakes

Back to wood decks, quarter-size spiders, webs, moss  and creatures stirring in the hollow nights Back to no side-walks and skirting into th...